Thursday, April 1, 2010

Butterflies are free



I did poster for play called "butterflies are free". The play is written by Leonard Gershe, it is also filmed in 1972 by director Milton Katselas, in 1986, a musical was also made.

Synopsis :
The story is set in the San Francisco of 1970's. All Don Baker wants is a place of his own away from his over-protective mother. Don's been blind since birth, but that doesn't stop him from setting up in an apartment and making the acquaintance of his off-the-wall, liberated, actress neighbor Jill. Jill has never met a blind man before, so she asks all sorts of question about how Don manages everyday chores. Don starts to fall in love with Jill, but Jill is moving in with Ralph who is director of a play in which she'll be acting...

"I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free. Mankind will surely not deny to Harold Skimpole what it concedes to the butterflies." By - Mark Twain


Episode :
I don't know why but thought the background of the story was New York. So I drew high buildings image including empire state building. Oooops! It was my mistake, I have to fix it.. yes, to study and accustom to the story is basic but crucial before making a picture!

I've played with type a lot but It still not quietly work for this piece. I need to study type !

No comments:

Post a Comment